Friday, February 10, 2012

The First Time

     I don't care who you are and what you say. Your first time is not magical. That same idea goes for your first blog post. It is teenagers groping at parts they can't talk about with a straight face. It is short. It is awkward. It is messy. Like other first times, I am doing this because a friend did. Rosé as she is known in my circle of life, is into the Young Adult sphere of writing and I am simply into writing. She got a blog and in her few posts she has demonstrated a couple of things:
A. She is going to be one hell of a writer.
B. The internet/blogging can be beneficial for writers. 

That foreplay was fun. Let's get awkward. 

     I am not a bad writer. In fact, I have moments when I write something and I can't believe I wrote that. But I am a beginner and I have much to learn. Much like the oldest profession in the world, you never stop learning, never stop trying new things, you never stop surprising the people who purchase your service, and most importantly, you never stop surprising yourself.

Now let's get messy.

There is a piece inside every person on this planet that is turned off. It's that piece that is shunned and hidden, but to be a good writer, you need to turn it on.

 That's me. I'm Scarlett Darkly. If I were to meet you, it might be a pleasure to make your acquaintance. 

I am turned on and now it's your turn and I sincerely hope this blog turns you on. 

Sincerely, 
S. Darkly 

No comments:

Post a Comment